Surrogacy Process. Step by step
- First contact
- Consultation with a doctor
- Medical tests
- Signing of the contract
- Ovarian stimulation
- Egg collection
- Embryo culture
- Genetic testing
- Embryo transfer
Who Can Use the Surrogacy Treatment in Ukraine?
- Only married couples with fertility problems can use surrogacy in Ukraine. Single men or women, heterosexual partners, same-sex couples cannot take the advantage of it.
- Surrogacy may be an option for a woman who has had her uterus removed but the ovaries preserved. She can provide her oocytes but has no womb to carry a child. In this case, she can find a surrogate mother to carry the pregnancy using her eggs and in vitro fertilization technology (IVF). This will be the chance for the woman to have her own genetic child. If an intended mother does not have oocytes of good quality, she may use an egg donor in Ukraine.
- A surrogate mother may be also a solution for the woman having a medical condition that could harm her or the baby’s health.
- Surrogacy is also indicated for couples with repeated IVF failures (4 or more failures).