What Is Surrogacy?
Surrogacy is an assisted reproductive technology the application of which enables a surrogate mother to voluntarily get pregnant, carry and give birth to a baby that is genetically alien to her and is to be handed to genetic parents – a couple suffering from infertility.
Surrogate medicine is much talked about. There are a lot of discussions and doubts, opinions both for and against it. However, no one brings into a question the high effectiveness of surrogacy programs as well as the fact that quite often it becomes the only possible way to have a child for those struggling with infertility for over several years.
Surrogacy Process. Step by step
- First contact
- Consultation with a doctor
- Medical tests
- Signing of the contract
- Ovarian stimulation
- Egg collection
- Embryo culture
- Genetic testing
- Embryo transfer
Who Can Use the Surrogacy Treatment in Ukraine?
- Only married couples with fertility problems can use surrogacy in Ukraine. Single men or women, heterosexual partners, same-sex couples cannot take the advantage of it.
- Surrogacy may be an option for a woman who has had her uterus removed but the ovaries preserved. She can provide her oocytes but has no womb to carry a child. In this case, she can find a surrogate mother to carry the pregnancy using her eggs and in vitro fertilization technology (IVF). This will be the chance for the woman to have her own genetic child. If an intended mother does not have oocytes of good quality, she may use an egg donor in Ukraine.
- A surrogate mother may be also a solution for the woman having a medical condition that could harm her or the baby’s health.
- Surrogacy is also indicated for couples with repeated IVF failures (4 or more failures).
Surrogacy pregnancy rates
According to scientific data, the pregnancy rate of surrogacy programs reaches 95% with donor oocytes. Surrogacy is an option of fertility treatment for the patients with the indication listed below:
- Advanced maternal age
- Problems in egg or sperm production
- Repeated pregnancy loss
- Prior hysterectomy
- Repeated IVF failures
- No uterus
- Conditions affecting the uterus or uterine function
- Absence or malformation of the womb
- Genetic defects
- Hereditary diseases
- Heart diseases
- Asherman’s syndrome
- Difficult past pregnancies and other
Who Is A Woman That Can Become a Surrogate Mother?
- A citizen of Ukraine
- Age up to 35 years
- With a positive Rh factor
- She is healthy and has no bad habits
- Had a full-term pregnancy and delivery
- Has at least one healthy child
- Has no medical contraindications for pregnancy
- Her body mass index is appropriate for carrying a child
- She is emotionally stable
- Has great willingness to help others become parents
- Has an appropriate housing
- Her partner has no health and law issues
We are happy to provide you with more details on egg donation + NGS.
Online consultation with doctor
Leave us your number, we will
contact you as soon as possible
Ask us for information
what you need