Surrogacy in Ukraine
In Ukraine, the first baby born using surrogacy was registered in 1995, in the eastern city of Kharkiv. Since then, Ukraine has become an attractive destination for many childless couples from all over the world since surrogacy is legal, affordable and highly effective here.Under the Law of Ukraine, surrogacy services are allowed for infertile heterosexual married couples and are regulated by several legal acts:
- Part 2 of Article 123 of the Family Code of Ukraine;
- Section 7 of the "Procedure for the Application of Assisted Reproductive Technologies in Ukraine" approved by the Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine № 771 as of 23.12.2008;
- Clause 11 of the “Rules of State Registration of Acts of Civil Status in Ukraine” approved by the Order of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine № 52/5 dated 18.10.2000.
Surrogacy cost in Ukraine
Prices for surrogacy in Ukraine are almost 50% lower than in the USA or Mexico, and the process is more transparent and better regulated than in Georgia or Russia. Moreover, Ukrainian surrogacy programs usually include compulsory genetic testing of embryos that is not common in European clinics.
We make strict demands to our candidates for a surrogate mother and provide favourable conditions for those who become participants of the program. We compensate all related costs, arrange independent housing where the surrogate mother can live with her kids or family, provide 24/7 support, a notarized contract, timely monthly payments, risks coverage related to pregnancy and full confidentiality.
Who Can Use the Surrogacy Treatment in Ukraine?
- Only married couples with fertility problems can use surrogacy in Ukraine. Single men or women, heterosexual partners, same-sex couples cannot take the advantage of it.
- Surrogacy may be an option for a woman who has had her uterus removed but the ovaries preserved. She can provide her oocytes but has no womb to carry a child. In this case, she can find a surrogate mother to carry the pregnancy using her eggs and in vitro fertilization technology (IVF). This will be the chance for the woman to have her own genetic child. If an intended mother does not have oocytes of good quality, she may use an egg donor in Ukraine.
- A surrogate mother may be also a solution for the woman having a medical condition that could harm her or the baby’s health.
- Surrogacy is also indicated for couples with repeated IVF failures (4 or more failures).
Requirements for a surrogate mother in Ukraine
A citizen of Ukraine
Age up to 35 years (optimal age for pregnancy)
Own healthy baby (confirmation that a woman can carry and give birth to a child)
Positive Rh factor (we do not take women with a negative Rh factor as the risk of developing an Rh conflict during pregnancy increases)
Absence of a history of childbirth by caesarean section
Healthy lifestyle without bad habits
The psychologist’s conclusion that a woman is mentally prepared to participate in the program
Absence of chronic diseases that can interfere the pregnancy and childbirth
Who Is A Woman That Can Become a Surrogate Mother?
- A citizen of Ukraine
- Age up to 35 years
- With a positive Rh factor
- She is healthy and has no bad habits
- Had a full-term pregnancy and delivery
- Has at least one healthy child
- Has no medical contraindications for pregnancy
- Her body mass index is appropriate for carrying a child
- She is emotionally stable
- Has great willingness to help others become parents
- Has an appropriate housing
- Her partner has no health and law issues
Advantages of Surrogacy Programs in Ukraine:
- immediate start of the programs
- experienced doctors and modern clinics
- high success rates of the programs
- obligatory genetic testing of embryos included in the cost of the programs
- possibility to choose the sex of a future baby
- reliable surrogate mothers only
- genetically screened egg donors
- complete pregnancy control of surrogate mothers
- wide range of oocytes donors
- smooth process of documents preparation
- full set of guest services
- special offers for the second and subsequent programs
Follow us on social media
Get the latest news about our treatments, promo offers
Any questions? Write us on messenger.
The fastest way to get information that you are interested in!