Advantages of PGS:
- With the help of the NGS genetic testing is possible to study the complete chromosome set of embryos before their transfer to the uterus.
- This makes it possible to identify not only more common chromosomal abnormalities (for example Down's syndrome), but also rare violations in the set of chromosomes, up to small doublings (duplications) or losses (deletions) in the structure of chromosomes.
- It is also important to use the NGS testing in invasive prenatal diagnosis. The development of fetal malformations is often associated with chromosome abnormalities, both quantitative and structural (microdeletions, microduplications).
Who is Preimplantation Genetic screening is suitable for?
- The woman is aged 38 or older.
- There is a history of recurrent miscarriage.
- There has been repeated IVF failure, for example 5 or more embryos have been replaced without success.
- There has previously been a chromosomally abnormal pregnancy (e.g. Down syndrome).