Indications for egg donation
Indications For Egg Donation
The use of donor oocytes in the IVF program is indicated in the following cases:
- Premature ovarian failure
- Defects of the ovaries structure
- Unsuccessful previous IVF cycles due to the ovarian failure
- Genetic diseases transmitted through the female line
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Infertility due to radiation or chemicals exposure
- Unsuccessful previous insemination attempts
- Repeated miscarriages
- Low count or motility of sperm
- Age-related infertility
- Occlusion or ligation of the fallopian tubes
- Single motherhood
- Lesbian, bisexual or transgender motherhood
- Availability of genetic diseases in the past
- Infertility for unknown reasons
Advantages Of Egg Donation
- IVF with an egg donor means that the woman's age does not matter for a successful conception.
- The use of donor eggs is also very effective for women suffering from premature ovarian failure, repeated miscarriages and other problems.
- With the help of donor eggs, women who cannot conceive a child with their own eggs can experience the joy of pregnancy and motherhood.
- A big advantage is the ability to choose a donor after getting acquainted with the information about her age, blood group, eye and hair colour, height, education. This makes it more likely that the child will inherit the desired traits.
- Since the program involves young, screened egg donors, there is no risk of chromosomal and genetic diseases for the unborn child.